Thursday, April 30, 2009

Using a trip as an excuse to get new gadgets

In preporation for this trip, I have "had" to aquire several new gadgets. The biggest purchase was an MSI Wind Netbook - it weighs only a couple of pounds but the keyboard and screen are not that much smaller then a full-size laptop. It has WiFi so I am hoping to be able to access the internet often. I've loaded tons of information onto it, instead of lugging around a bunch of books and paper notes.

I have a cleaver little plug converter from the Intel Store. Unlike some converters that have a completely different end piece for each type of plug, this one can transform to all different configurations. They don't sell it any more so I hope that doesn't mean it didn't work well!

Besides a plug adapter, I also got a battery recharger - it uses standard batteries to charge re-chargable batteries in cell phones or iPods. AND a solar recharger, which looks like cigarette holder and then opens up to catch the sunlight.

I also got a cell phone that will work over in Europe, a new camera, .....

No comments:

Post a Comment