Monday, May 18, 2009

Arriving in Scotland as I type this

I am extremely behind on my photo uploading, since I like to go through and crop them and make them look all pretty - and hence I am really far behind on my blog notes. The Last post about SW Ireland was what I did on 5/14. I will catch up later (hopefully) but wanted to let everyone know just generally how its going. I spent the 15th touring Dublin then on the 16th headed up to Northern Ireland - spending that day along the coast and then staying Belfast. Yesterday I toured Belfast and then caught the ferry around Noon today (18th) to Scotland. The ferry had free wifi but I spent the 2 hour trip just working on the pictures! I am landing on the coast and will take a 2 hour train ride to Glasgow where I will be staying tonight.

Over all EVERYONE has been wonderful. The people are friendly and glad to help. I have felt very safe in both Dublin and Belfast. There is very little sign of the past troubles in Belfast and I would highly recommend it as a vacation destination. Here's an interesting fact about each place before I de-bark. In the Republic of Ireland - all public signs are in Irish and English. Kids are all taught Irish in school. In Northern Ireland, some people have an extremely thick accent - different then the regular Irish accent. The public bus driver said whole sentences to me where I couldn't even understand a single word!

Cheers, Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Those rocks rock!
    Did you bring a sample?
    Miss

    ReplyDelete