Saturday, June 6, 2015

Getting the Munchens?

That's Colin's humorous title he suggested for todays blog entry.  I remembered liking Munich last time but couldn't really remember much about it.  But as soon as I saw it, it all came back.  Lovely town - the old/intersting part if fairly small.  We took a Sandeman New Europe Free Walking Tour like we did last time.  I highly recommend them.  They are so interesting and keep the kids engaged.  Its always good to start a city with one of their tours and then you can go back and review things in detail if you are interested in them.  They have tours in 18 cities - I think we are going to 13 of those cities: www.neweuropetours.eu.

The original plan for tomorrow was to go to Neuschwanstein Castle (you know - the castle from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the basis for the Disney Sleeping Beauty Castle) but it looked like a lot of hassle - 2 hours there, waiting in the ticket line for 20-40 mins, then waiting for your tour time 2-3 hours, then back here 2 hours.  I was also concerned because I get worn out quicker then I used to - especially with hills.  So instead we are going to the BMW headquarters/Museum then to Dachau concentration camp tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment