Saturday, June 20, 2015

Me encanta España

OK, it's probably a little too soon to say I LOVE it, but I'm definitely liking my first experience of Spain.  Barcelona is a nice city and I guess it comes down to little things: the foreign language is a little less foreign.  It is very liberal and artistic.  There seem to be a lot of people out walking their dogs (West Highland White Terriers are the most popular, followed by Yorkshire Terriers).  The cuisine is less heavy on cheese compared to say France. I  had an excellent eggplant sandwich today for lunch.

We went on the walking tour, then went into the Museum of Barcelona History which was a large excavation under the city streets of an ancient Roman village that was found when they were in the process of building a new building.  Then we took the Metro to see the Barcelona football (soccer) stadium and then on to see Sagrada Familia (the Gaudi church still being built).  We didn't go into the church since it was 15 Euros each.  Like most of the cities we've visited, I've wished we had one more day here.  I love mosaics and Gaudi did quite a few buildings and other public mosaic works here.  But tomorrow we are off to Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment