Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Let them eat crepes

We went to the Louvre this morning and then hopped a train to Versailles.  We spent several hours wondering around the estate and seeing the various houses/palaces/gardens.  They've expanded it quite a bit since I was here last.  The gardens are free and there were many local families taking advantage of this beautiful day - riding bikes, playing ball, having picnics, renting boats on the Grand Canal, etc.  I had been telling the kids about how good crepes were but for one reason or another they hadn't had a chance to try them.  So I got them two desert crepes (one sugar, one Nutella) while we were strolling the gardens. The place is huge and we were all exhausted by the time we finished.

We are staying in a lovely little house in Versailles tonight - its the nicest of all the places we have stayed.  Although I must say, I've been pretty happy with all the airbnb places we stayed.  The one in Venice had some issues and the one in Paris about took out my knees (6 stories up, no elevator) but all in all we've been pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment