Tuesday, June 16, 2015

We'll always have Paris

Well, it's time to confess - I wimped out and instead of doing the walking tour, I bought us hop-on/hop-off bus passes.  Normally what happens is that Duncan walks very fast and so 1) he is way far in front of me and 2) I  am always hurrying to catch up and because of that my feet and legs ache all the time.  Sometimes at night I have a hard time going to sleep because they are aching so much (like those awful growing pains you had when you were a kid).  Also on a limited time the bus gave us a chance to see more things then we could have done by walking or taking the Metro.  Besides just riding around, we went to the top of the Arc d'Triumphe and visited the National Military Museum. Duncan took most of the pictures today since Paris is Kazandra's favorite city.

Just like the Neuschwanstein Castle, the Mont St Michel has been dropped from the itinerary AGAIN :^(  Due to several reasons - but mostly, like the Castle, it is hard to dedicate a whole day to going to see one thing when we have so little time.  So tomorrow, instead of going to Mont St Michel and getting in late to Versailles, then going to the Versailles Palace the next morning in a rush before we have to be on the train to Lyon, we are going to the Louvre tomorrow morning and then Versailles Palace in the afternoon and will have a little more leasurely time the next morning getting to Lyon.

The days just whip by - I can't believe it's already 10:30pm here so I better get to sleep so I'll be up to another busy day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment