Sunday, June 7, 2015

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..

In the morning we went to the BMW Welt (main show room) and Museum.  If you know me then you know I'm not all that interested in cars - they are all alike to me except a couple that I like.  One of those cars I love is the Mini and the museum had a special exhibit at this time about (you guessed it) the Mini.  Duncan and Colin really enjoyed all the cars.  Then we walked to see the Olympic Stadium.  Both of those items showing the Best of Germany.

In the afternoon, we went to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial (the worst of Germany).  I had been there 6 years ago and I was surprised how much they had expanded it.  It really is so hard to grasp and they do an excellent job of personallizing the stories.  And I admire the way the Germans have embraced the past and not just tried to act like it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment